Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Languishing Sock






My poor beginner sock. I started this a couple of months ago, then I lost my sock knitting mojo. I have knitted a couple of pairs of socks before, but nothing in the past few years. I learned how to knit socks shortly after learning how to knit, about 10 years ago. I took a class on sock knitting where we were taught with worsted weight yarn with size 8 needles. You can imagine how BIG the sock was. I had some trouble with DPN's and somehow moved a stitch each round to the next needle. It made for a spiral pattern of ribbing, and the instructor gently told me maybe I was in over my head for a beginner. I persevered, and finished the Paul Bunyan Socks! So, with all the beautiful sock yarn around, I thought I'd practice and get the kinks out before using yarn I can't wait to use, such as:



Panda is destined to be Jaywalkers. The Trekking I'm not sure what sock this will be, but this yarn is sooooft!




My languishing sock is cheap 'ol Lion Brand Magic Stripes. It is serving its purpose, and actually is OK to knit with. Oh, and the snout in the picture? That belongs to this cutie-


This is Kaya,the ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback. She looooovess wooden needles :(










1 comment:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Love the colors of your new yarn. They go perfectly well with Kaya!
=:8