Monday, October 15, 2007

FO Monday: Miss Dashwood

Miss Dashwood is finished, and on time! I had a month to work on her, and since I am a monogamous knitter, I thought I'd have pleeennty of time. Ha! It came down to the wire. She came with me on a trip to Rhode Island (plenty of airport knitting time). She got to go on a trip to Orlando. She even made an appearance at Stitch n' Pitch. She got around!! I knitted this for Child of Mine, who was a bridesmaid at a wedding in late September. The day before The Child left, I was down to the wire to finish the *&#@ thing! I think it was about 11 hours of knitting on that last day. Plus, I had a raging head cold for the last 3 days before finishing the shrug, knitting was the last thing I wanted to do. But, it is done, it fits, and it is appreciated by The Child.



check out the dress seam and see how poorly this dress was made



Pattern: Miss Dashwood, by Chic Knits

Yarn: Berroco Bamboo, 8 skeins

Needles: size 6 circulars

Started August 27, 2007

Finished September 26, 2007

Modifications: I shortened the sleeves, because knitted as written the sleeve came down to my wrist. I also did a plain bind off, as I couldn't get the bind off as written at 9 at night after knitting ALL DAY. It does make a difference, the edge does not have a lot of give. I may go back and redo the bind off.


Notes: Overall I enjoyed this pattern and it came out cute. To do over, I probably would knit this in a more traditional yarn to appreciate the stitch definition more. The Bamboo is a ribbon- like yarn, therefore the stitch pattern is not as visible, IMHO. The Child, who selected the yarn, is happy and that's what counts.



2 comments:

Patricia said...

It looks lovely from here! Hope you enjoyed Stitch and Pitch.

YarnSnob said...

its beautiful , what a perfect fit