Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy New Job to Me!



I'm changing jobs! I have forgotten how exhausting the whole process is! Saying goodbye to familiar faces and routines and getting ready for something new is exiting and exhausting. Knitting has been calming, and stress reducing, like a good friend. I'm going to move from community mental health to this place, a local hospital in my city. My office is actually located under the Children's Hospital sign, that is the Behavioral Health Unit. The Children's Hospital is really in the building behind the Behavioral Health Unit, and is part of a larger, general hospital. Better hours, better benefits, better pay. You know what that means......

More Yarn!! To celebrate, I treated myself to 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Devon. This is the Morning Surf Scarf, by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer. If you are on Ravelry, search this pattern and see how beautiful it is. The picture on the pattern website does not do it justice. I would have surfed on by looking at the picture. That's what I love about Ravelry, being able to see a pattern made up in a multitude of different yarns, and how people make the item their own. For this scarf, I only cast on 26 stitches, as I don't need a thick scarf in South Florida. I'll wear this with light jackets and for color more than warmth. Although you can't believe how cold a lot of places keep their air conditioning! I start the new job November 8th. Yippee!!

3 comments:

wandersocke66 said...

Congratulations for your new job!
While I read your post I smiled ... it´s the same all over the world: new job, better pay and then MORE YARN :-). Good luck in the new job and with the new yarns!
Kind regards
Jana

YarnSnob said...

congrats on your new job.
What a lovely scarf, you're right, the one in the pic looks awful, you'rs is much much prettier..going to add to my list lol
must get some of that devon too

Patricia said...

Starting a new job is wonderful. Like the first day of school.
The Lorna's Laces is wonderful to knit with. I have only tried their sock yarn.